I got tagged by the folks from Hessian With Teeth (which is a great fucking name by the way) so here we go.
First 11 things about me:
- One of the reasons I have not yet finished a novel is that I am afraid I can’t do it. I’m working on it.
- I really love bugs. I am very into insects because when I was a tween I read a book with a forensic entomologist and have been obsessed since. My favorites are moths of varying species, very large beetles and Madagascar Cockroaches. I love them all so much I plan to get insect themed tattoos on my chest.
- I am very into beauty and make up. I love wearing, writing about, researching and wallowing in it. Between you and I was not interested until I figured out how to deal with beauty ideals on my own terms. In other words I figured out fuck em. I have my own ideas about beauty and will indulge myself as I see fit.
- We know I’m deep into self care. For me it is a means of survival and I try to treat myself like a fucking queen at every opportunity.
- I also really fucking love sharks. Shark week is the best week on TV and I NEEDED megalodon to be real. Like I squee like a cracked out five year old when I see anything about sharks. See this meme I tend to yell that at the tv when shark shows are on:
- I not so secretly kind of melt/shutdown when really good things are going/happening I get really scared and I want to curl up like a potato bug and freak out. I”m trying to not but it’s hard.
- I am a musical fanatic. I listen to a whole lot of music and I can nerd out about musical things for hours. My favorite is connecting music with influences and stuff.
- When I am sad or uncomfortable or otherwise need to soothe myself I sing. I love to sing and sometimes have a nice voice. Taking voice lessons to learn to sing properly is on my bucket list. I am a natural tenor and like to sing swing music the most. Although I dream of having a big balls metal voice
- I am really very into the idea of living in a large space but I don’t actually want to own property.
- Most of the TV I watch is murder. Forensics shows, murdery mystery, recreations. I dunno why but I find it soothing.
- Holy shit I’m bad at these.
Now onto their questions.
ur questions for them are:
1) What convinced you to start blogging?
I started blogging a really long time ago. First just for fun and to write down my adventures. And then in the last I dunno six years or so I’ve used blogging as a way to learn how o write non fiction.
2) Do you volunteer? For what cause and why?
I suppose my other blog is volunteerism. I do it because I care about folks. I don’t have the spoons to do a lot of in person stuff but I do what I can for stuff like body politics, sex ed, I will pass along beneficial information to people and stuff.
3) Do you consider yourself an activist?
4) What is your favorite genre to read?
JEEZE uh. I don’t actually have one. I go through moods where I read one obsessively until I need a break. Currently I’m reading a lot of memoirs and fantasy.
5) Who is your favorite author and what is your favorite book by them?
I have a lot of favorites. I reread a lot of Selby.
6) If you could spend the day with any well-known figure (alive or dead), who would it be and why?
Uh. I am not sure. NEXT QUESTION.
7) What truths, if any, do you hold as self evident? Why?
I believe that the world can be better because it has to be.
8) Do you attend any conferences? If so, which ones any why?
I went to my first one this year. It was way more intense than I expected and I had a series of massive panic attacks, almost pooped my pants (YAY anxiety) but I did a reading and it was great. I also met Roxane Gay and she was super nice to me. I sort of stared at Kyle Minor and then ran away. I met some folks, I did an anonymous postcard exchange, I won some swag and came home with a bag full of journals and things. And a free pen from Cimarron Review and they were very nice. I am hoping to try it again better prepared.
9) What is your dream job?
Writer, freak (as in body modded weirdo), oddities collector, maker.
10) If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?
I would make it easier to get people to use their critical thinking skills and understand context.
11) If you could make a movie, what would it be about and who would be in it?
I would like to make a horror movie with an all POC cast and my own version of the vampire mythos.
Okay I’m not tagging people cause I”m a rebel and I’m nursing a migraine hangover.
Other folks should do these.
OH righty right. I need to get grinding on submissions I only have three out right now and that feels funny to me. I’m ready.
Later I’m gonna talk about some really amazing stuff.
So go do stuff. Answer these questions in the comments with links and stuff.
GO GO GO.
Also head over to my etsy shop (link in the sidebar on your right) and buy stuff. Baby needs some new holes in her face.