I’m settling into a routine and at least three days a week I’m working 15 hour days.
Noon leave for the day job, walk back in the door about midnight give or take.
Get home, go pee, put jammies on and fire up the laptop and get to work.
I try to limit myself to working only until 2 AM so I can bathe and eat my dinner.
Last night I worked til 3. My neck hurts, I’m so tired. I had a difficult time getting out of bed because I haven’t bought a laptop desk yet.
But I got shit done.
Today I have been working on the Writer Finances.
My budget (here I’m talking money from writing related stuff not my household budget) is pretty much on lock. I’ve pared things down and currently my monthly expenses are:
Smarty Pig- $15
Flex spending- $20
That is most of my Patreon money as it sits right now and anything else I tuck away into savings.
The big problem I’m having right now is that I need to save up for AWP. I doubt I will go to DC or Florida for the next two.
So my decision is mostly made but the cost. Flying, accommodations for my partner and I, food, money for books and swag, money to do a couple of entertaining things. Between now and then we’re (partner and I) are facing:
- Rent increase
- His medication costs increasing
- Electricity bill increase
- We both need some new winter clothes
- I need new glasses
Things are dire, but it’s going to be tight. More so if I am in fact gonna go to AWP.
My choices feel a bit limited. I could not write during the week and try to get a part time job. I don’t think my health would permit it for long.
And the other option is some more crowd funding.
Now the crowd funding I would want to:
- Defray the costs out of my household budget.
- Print some promotional materials for my work.
- Print some limited edition zines/individual things to sell. I’m 99% sure I can find someone who’d give me space at a table.
I’m looking at about 2K all in.
Two thousand dollars.
I just pooped a little. That would cover pretty much everything along without causing a whole lot of hardship on the household budget.
The things that bother me are:
- Internalized class shame that I have to ask for that level of help from people who don’t know me.
- Doing enough promotion so that reaching my goal is possible.
- Not falling into a further shame hole because am I really that important to be going to this event?
I’m trying to work it out. I will likely do a fundraiser because if I don’t going will fuck up my family life and I can’t have that.
Now coming up, I have a beta test of a thing that I hope y’all will love. I’ll be putting the second part of the Daiyu saga on etsy.
If you’re a patron tonight you’ll get new Daiyu.
Tomorrow, Yeah, Write.
I might talk about what I’m doing with Yeah, Write this time around.
So yeah, lots o exciting stuff y’all.